Every fluorescent lamp contains the toxin, mercury, to help it start and operate; that is why these lamps should be recycled rather than thrown in the trash.
DO NOT BREAK OR CRUSH LAMPS: THAT IS HOW THE MERCURY ESCAPES!
Lighting Unlimited offers two options: Bulk Recycling and Pre-Paid Recycling.
Bulk Recycling: Lighting Unlimited will come to your site and pick up your old light bulbs, ballasts and batteries.
3 EASY STEPS:
1. Lamps must be boxed and taped closed
2. Count & Label what is in the box or barrel using the label/sticker we provide you. (See packing instructions below)
3. Call us to schedule a pick up and let us know at that time what we will be picking up to recycle.
PACKING INSTRUCTIONS for Lighting Unlimited Pickup
- PLEASE Label each box with content and quantity (i.e.: 4ft T8 Lamps-30 pcs)
- Pack all lamps by size (i.e.: Two foot lamps in Two foot boxes etc…)
- Must be taped & sealed.
- Factory Boxes are acceptable. Lamp must be UNBROKEN.
- Should be in box or pail NOT TO EXCEED 40 LBS EACH.
All lamps that are picked up for recycling will be processed and taken to a registered an approved recycler. Certificates of compliance will be available upon request. If boxes are not labeled or counted when picked up Lighting Unlimited Labor Charge for Boxing & counting $60.00 per hour.
Pre-Paid Recycling : Includes Container, Prepaid shipping label, Recycling and Certificate of Recycling
Supply-043 – 4 ft Lamp Recycling box – Holds 72 T8 – 30 T12
Supply-065 – 4 ft Lamp Recycling box – Holds 146 T8 – 68 T12
Supply-044 – 8 ft Lamp Recycling box – Holds 39 T8 – 16 T12
Supply-068 – 5 Gal – Mixed lamps CFL/HIDs
Supply-041 – 3.5 Gal – Dry Cell Battery pail